We have moved! Our meetings will be at the City Arts Center @ 3000 General Pershing Blvd on the fair grounds—use the May entrance. The meeting will be in the Bridge Gallery and starting in August we’ll move to Studio 2, our regular meeting room.
This meeting is on July 14, 2012 from 1:30 to 5pm.
Jane will be the first teacher in our new place. She has worn many hats in the guild, among them being president and librarian. Polymer Cafe has published her works and we have benefited from her lessons. She will teach us about transparent clay.
July’s Guild Meeting Supply List—
- 2-3 oz. translucent clay, any brand (Pardo is the whitest but maybe
- hard to find locally)
- 1 oz. conditioned white clay (not Sculpey)
- Pasta machine
- 2 or 3 deli papers (if you don’t have any, I’ll have extra)
- Smooth work surface
- Favorite tools
- Brayer or acrylic rod
- Craft Knife
- Knitting needle or Penni Jo’s tools
- Sand paper, 400 grit
Optional: Choose 1 or 2 you want to try on translucent—
- Chalks, (soft paint brush, about 1/4 inch)
- Acrylic paints, brush
- Alcohol Inks, (alcohol in sprayer, glove, paper towels)
- Colored Markers
- Colored Pencils
- Pearl powders
- Glitters, metallic leafs
- 1/2-1 oz. different colored clays
July is raffle month, so bring a few extra dollars if you want to participate! May’s winners (Lisa, Tom, and Lori) will be supplying the prizes.